Monday, April 11, 2011

Still Wearing Yoga Pants

It's been over three months and I am still in Yoga pants, and leggings. And while people may think I am back in my jeans I am really only wearing jeggings!

Clothes-post baby! :)

I feel great about my body, but a body post c-section is no canidate for jeans, or really pants at all. It took me a week to wear any bottoms what so ever! I was in a robe for ever.

Now my favorite outfit is a nursing tank and fitted yoga pants. Some out there may think this is no fashion statement, but throw on a pair of camel colored riding boots and a long jean top or a flowy cardigan and yes you have fashion! Ahhh I am so comfortable.

But, even more than that, yoga pants remind me of this adventure I have found myself on-the joyous adventure of motherhood-and the friends I share it with. 

I have two close friends in the city who also had their babies recently-just days from Azariah, and we are all still in yoga pants.

Often we see each other and ask, "Have you tried on your jeans yet?"  "Oh, yes, but how did they ever fit? The closest the button gets is inches away from the hole. You?" "No not yet, still in yoga pants."

And I realized recently what an absolute blessing these women are in my life-of course I already knew that-but it hit me how amazing it is to have them to share this season of life, as new mamas!

I love that I can call them and talk about night feedings, nap times, and milestones, and we know what each other is talking about. And, even more than that they celebrate with me Azariah's little victories, his coos and smiles, and I in their daughter's. I love that we often spend afternoons chatting and nursing and feel totally free to do so. We have analyzed each other's babys poo to see if our baby's is normal...I mean with your first how do you know? :)  I love that we know what it means to manually express milk into a bottle while in a car with a screaming baby! (yes I have done that) We know what a true success it is to take a shower and cook dinner-both in the same day! And I love that with them there is no pressure to perform-we can just be and enjoy being mother's together.

I also love that my son knows them and their babies. That he is already sharing life with people and that he is already learning about friendship-not only through our example-but that he is and will learn about friendship through being friends with these two babies. I mean they were the first kids his age he met, the first he reached out to touch-he reached out to touch Lydia's hand a few weeks back, ahh melt. They are the first humans his age that he has talked with, real baby conversations. I have him and Nora on video! In part he is learning about himself through them.

This is a gift from the Lord. It is rare-to have a friend who can celebrate your life with you and you in there's. Thank you God for these women and their girls.


I love that I am not the only one still wearing yoga pants.


Christine and Lydia first meet Azariah-Azariah just over one week

Teri and Nora and Azariah and I-the kids' first date-our first time out together post birth
Nora and Azariah vacationing in the Hamptons together April 2


Christine and I with our fine tuned cake pops!

2 comments:

Barbie said...

Love this post. So often I read posts about people hating their post baby body. Our culture values the wrong things! Way to rock the yoga pants. Also, I'm so glad that you have a mommy community in NY. Love you!

Unknown said...

So happy to have someone to share in the stretchy-pants club! And fun to know Christine too (she must be an angel, just look at her heart glowing!). Have tons of fun in California and we'll enjoy the city when you get back. Love ya - gaineses